Friday, December 16, 2011

The SMOE English education survey

I just came across the survey about English education commissioned by SMOE that was looked at here a few weeks ago and is being used to justify NSET cuts. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but at 13 pages, there's certainly going to be more to consider than the initial reports on it, or SMOE's one sentence summary of it ("parents prefer Korean teachers with good English skills").

It can be found (in Korean) here (or downloaded directly (pdf) here) I should note that it downloaded for me as a 'file' and prompted me to choose a program to open it with, which may just be a result of running the buggy newer firefox).

2 comments:

Dan said...

"I should note that it downloaded for me as a 'file' and prompted me to choose a program to open it with, which may just be a result of running the buggy newer firefox)."

It's far more likely that their webserver is misconfigured and is not sending the proper MIME type.

matt said...

It's definitely not a problem with the new Firefox, as my old version at home didn't download the file correctly either...