Thursday, May 25, 2006

How the mayor spent last weekend

Last week, numerous political leaders made their way down to Kwangju to commemorate the anniversary of the Kwangju Uprising. Two days after the anniversary of the beginning of the uprising, Lee Myung-bak, the mayor of Seoul and a possible presidential candidate, had other things to do - like get together with Chun Doo-hwan in the crystal ballroom of the Lotte Hotel (video and text (in Korean) can be found here).



I guess inviting Chun to the opening of Cheonggyecheon wasn't enough...



Chun: Being in power is great - I received millions in bribes!
Lee: Well, one of my underlings (nothing to do with me, of course) received a few bribes to change height restrictions around Cheonggyecheon!
Chun: .....
Lee: Oh - I played tennis for free for quite a while!
Chun: .....you have so much to learn.
Lee: Well... being president should teach me a lot...
Chun: And how!

No comments: